Arts and Entertainment Ministries (AEM) Catalyst Program is a comprehensive online course designed to equip creatives to take their careers to the next level. Many artists are excellent at their craft but horrible when it comes to their business affairs. In today’s world, artists must also see themselves as entrepreneurs. They need to take the business side of their careers seriously and learn the tools and skills to be successful not overwhelmed. This course helps creatives understand and implement integral entrepreneurial skills such as current marketing strategies, branding, building an audience and much more.
If you would like to sign up for the online course email: email@example.com
Here’s the Information on the Online Course:
8 Course Modules:
- Taking Stock & Asset Identification: As an artist or creative professional you have resources already you didn’t realize you had. We discover together how to identify, organize and maximize the many resources we already have.
- Adding Value: The work you create is valuable. You create value to the world around you. In this module we wrestle with faulty mindsets that block our ability to market and communicate the worth of our work and how to market it.
- Branding/Identity: Who you are as a human and what you offer as an artist are clarified as you either refresh your branding or begin the process of branding for the first time.
- Audience: Clear work is done in this module to identify your audience, their needs, likes, dislikes and how to find them.
- Professional Boundaries: In this module we explore your limits- who you feel comfortable working with, the kinds of work you want to do. Everyone has boundaries and before you continue in your art, it is helpful to define what you will and won’t do and who you will and won’t work for.
- Website: Every artist needs a website, a home-base and that is tackled in this module.
- Optimizing Social Media: Artists are getting noticed and getting work from social media platforms, it is here creatives learn to optimize their platforms.
- Self-Promotion: This topic is often the biggest challenge for a creative, tooting your own horn, so in this module we learn how to do it well, professionally and consistently.
4 Course Bonuses:
1. Pro Bono Work: Most artists do too much for free. When do you offer your services for free? When do you work for free? There are limits and professional guidelines each artist needs to utilize to protect from burnout and being used.
2. Failure: It’s a part of the creative process, do you know how to fail well? We’ll show you how to be productive not derailed by failures and instead to learn and move forward to success.
3. Testimonials: We all need social proof in today’s tech age. People need to know you and your work by hearing what others have seen, experienced and enjoyed. But giving and receiving testimonials is actually very hard. This module teaches you how to coach your fans to give you effective testimonials as well as teaching you to be generous in the testimonials you give.
4. Best Practices: It is hard but very fun work to be successful at your craft and your business as a creative. This class reveals the best practices for consistently achieving your goals.
Email Catalyst@a-e-m.org for more information.
What Creatives are saying about the Catalyst Program:
“Catalyst is a professional development course for artists is coached by Michelle Pelsue. It’s a place for artists of all types to effectively hone tools to raise public exposure to further their various careers. What makes this class stand out is Michelle’s advanced technical expertise in social media, as well as other professional practices, along with her sincere attention to the spiritual well being of artists. Michelle is passionate for our success and she challenges us to reach further than we knew we needed to go! Furthermore, as a community we support each other to follow through with social media opportunities, audience registries, and assorted disciplines necessary for managing our careers. Michelle is sophisticated as well as patient and accepting. Her TLC sets the tone for the course.” Wendy Widdell Wolff, Painter
“I never thought of myself as an entrepreneur, and at times I felt insecure as an artist, especially during times when I was not working. Michelle Pelsue’s Catalyst Program catapulted me into a new sphere. From the first session, I was impressed with Michelle’s knowledge, conviction, and ability to share her knowledge. I began to embrace the responsibility of the artist gift I have been given, felt a greater purpose and value, and began learning the tools necessary to become a better artist and business woman in the art world. Michelle coached me through difficult skills that I felt I could not learn, and I was pleasantly surprised when I was able to perform at a higher level. I definitely recommend Catalyst Program to anyone who wants to take seriously his/her work as a creative, whether in film, visual arts, production, acting or singing. Michelle Pelsue will help you navigate through the steps encouraging you, and stirring you toward the goal.”
Silvana Tei Kenney, Sculptor, Performance and Installation Artist
“Michelle Pelsue’s Catalyst Program has been the best class I have taken on the business side of being a creative entrepreneur. Her knowledge about marketing, website building and management, social media, and utilizing God-given gifts and talents is vast and she is a very generous and gifted communicator. I highly recommend Calatyst for all who want to take their creative endeavors to the next level.”
Lori Ann Fuller Piscioneri, Vocalist & Founder of Voice AcademyLA
“Michelle is by far the best facilitator that I have worked with for self development and also for my business needs. She is a powerhouse with a unique ability to love you as she hands you a superb level of organization and transparency. She has mastered the ability to create a full proof lesson plan equipped with articles, links and modules. Michelle’s amazing coaching style is gripping and admirable as she navigates you through the best practices of your career and business.” Andrea Walker-Williamson, Author & Creative Entrepreneur
“Michelle Pelsue’s Catalyst Program for artists combines her unique ability to speak truth in kindness, with the laser focus of a surgeon, the research and knowledge of an expert, the patience of a therapist, and the ferocity of a boxing coach.” Kevyn Bashore, Filmmaker
“The Catalyst Program for artists has literally changed my life. The way I understood it before beginning it, the course was created as a way to help artists get to the next level as business people – but I have to say, I don’t think I had a clue as to how useful, important and valuable the course would be for me in particular. I started with a vague idea that I needed to get my “ducks in a row” – but Michelle Pelsue is an extraordinary teacher and resource whose experience, knowledge and wisdom I did not fully comprehend until I was immersed in this program. Her commitment to the material and to helping each participant find their connections to it was amazing.
In the time that I have been in this course, I have explored many aspects of my artistic career that previously felt overwhelming and out of reach – but Michelle’s systematic and thorough format of teaching, exploration (and homework!), brought the material into bite sized chunks that felt natural and doable – even while there were challenges. With Michelle’s mentorship and also the friendships with colleagues in the Catalyst group – I have been able to get myself ready for an entirely new chapter of my career. A few months into the program, I was starting to feel prepared, more confident about what I was putting out in the world and I knew my mission and goals. My artist friends began to ask me, “how do I get what you are getting from your artists’ group?” They noticed the change in my professionalism. And then when changes started happening speeding up my career – I found I was ready for them! I had a marketing plan, a better understanding of the value of my art and I could speak to my artistic vision clearly. I knew what I wanted and I had a website to prove it. None of this would have happened without this course.
As an added note – being able to have a spiritual component to this group and course is something that cannot be quantified. Arts and Entertainment Ministries already offers a wealth of blessing, community and ministry for artists of all kinds, but to get into this level of depth with someone who can pastor you in your career as a creative…. that’s incredibly rare to find and has been the utmost value for me as I move forward boldly, knowing that I am called to this life as an artist.” Liberty Worth, Fine Artist & Textile Designer